Is there any way to get MOB now?

Is there any way to get MOB now? I sent an email to BuyMobileCoin, but no one responded. Is there any other way to get MOB? Like the run node?

BuyMobileCoin.com is almost online. We’re sorting out credit card processing now so that’s the main blocker. We hope to have that online shortly.

Cheers,
Joshua

2 Likes

Thank you for your answer. What is the price if it can be purchased normally?

1 Like

Hi Bill,

The price is determined by MobileCoin Token Services (MTS) at the time of sale. MTS determines the price by comparing the exchange markets and slippage necessary to fill (slippage is how much the coin purchase would move the price on an exchange if filled there). MTS also has a small processing fee.

That being said, the price for any specific transaction can only be known at the time the transaction occurs.

Cheers,
Joshua

Hi Josh,
why do you chose exactly this way?
What is the price, if I want to sell via MTS?

MobileCoin does not buy MobileCoins at this time.

Cheers,
Joshua

I am a bit curious about the reason for setting up an ‘MTS’. Why not sell directly on exchanges?

Hi Koe!,

MTS wants to maintain a separate Know-Your-Customer/Anti-Money-Laundering (KYC/AML) database from the exchange for each initial purchaser of MobileCoin. If we sell on exchange then we don’t have customer records for the initial sales of MobileCoins into the world. Basically, we can’t verify how an exchange did KYC/AML on their users but we can verify how we perform KYC/AML on our users.

This may seem like a nuance, and in many ways it is, but it’s the nuance our lawyers want. Basically, our KYC/AML standard for initial release of MobileCoins is something we want full control over and this is how we get that level of compliance. We hope to be able to relax compliance standards over time, but it’s important for us to set the highest bar possible out of the gate (it’s much easier to loosen standards than to tighten them up).

Does that answer your question?

Cheers,
Joshua

2 Likes

Yes that makes sense, thanks

1 Like

you can buy on 4swap in Mixin messenger

There are three exchanges that currently sell MOB as far as I can see: MobileCoin price, MOB price index, chart, and info | CoinGecko.
I can recommend FTX, a solid modern exchange with great team & tech behind it, very smooth.

Just a friendly reminder that US Citizens are currently not allowed to purchase MobileCoin in accordance with the law. At this time, MOB is only available for purchase by non-US persons.

1 Like

I liked your answer to appreciate your valid remark, not to diss US citizens :sweat_smile: Anyhow, nobody has replied to my email sent to sales@ on January 27 :confused:

Dactylion,

Sorry for the delays. We want to get payment processing up and running before we start replying. Should be any day now fingers crossed.

Cheers,
Joshua

3 Likes

Josh, great news, keep at it, cheers!

Hi Josh,
Congrats on the Signal announcement!

Any progress with buymobilecoin.com? It’s been two months since it was “any day now”.

Also, on Hacker News you stated that “MobileCoin has made over 50% of the coins available for purchase.” Is this a reference to buymobilecoin.com? If not, then how are these coins available for purchase?

2 Likes

Yeah sorry that was my mistake. I thought credit card purchasing was live but there are still backend issues. We have a list of everyone who has asked to purchase the coins, we just haven’t been able to actually execute the processing of transactions yet.

Cheers,
Joshua

1 Like

Thanks for response! Looking forward to buymobilecoin.com really going live. You got a bit of a shelling on HN, and while many of criticisms felt more like emotional lashing out, the worry about MOB distribution currently being extremely centralised is I think a very legitimate one. And the only way to really assuage that is to get the tokens moving.

On buyMobileCoin.com, at what price will you sell one MOB?

If it’s below current market price on FTX, can you just MP me the answer before publicly posting it to that forum, so I have the time to sell all mine? :rofl: : :rofl:

It will be at a market clearing price that is defined at the time you request to purchase coins.

Cheers,
Joshua

2 Likes