Mic Check! MobileCoin Technical Forums Open For Business

Howdy!

This is Josh from MobileCoin welcoming everyone to our forums! If you have any questions please feel free to post here.

We built this technology for you because we want society to flourish. Let’s summon the future into the present for the benefit of all.

Cheers,
Joshua

8 Likes

It’s one small step for mobilecoin,one giant leap for Crypto Business.

Josh, could you show the world some prospect of mobilecoin?how dose mobilecoin may change the globe business?

Ty

1 Like

Nowadays, the whole world is suffering frm the Covid-19.
There are more than 460 thousand patients in USA, but more than 16 million new unemployed individuals need help.
could mobilecoin become a daily-use app to help fight against the pandemic?

Ty

I started following this project because I read in Wired that Signal App and MobileCoin had some connection.

This is from 2017 https://www.wired.com/story/mobilecoin-cryptocurrency/

4 Likes

Hi Trans,

Welcome to our community!

I think there’s a lot of opportunity for digital cash to help global commerce. Having a way to quickly and securely spend money online with privacy is something that humanity has never really seen before. We’re excited to see how people will use what we’ve built.

Cheers,
Joshua

1 Like

Hi Asp,

I started MobileCoin with Shane Glynn and Moxie Marlinspike. Shane is my co-founder and our General Counsel and Moxie is our technical advisor. Moxie is the author of Signal.

We designed MobileCoin to be used in applications like Signal and Whatsapp.

We have no partnership announcements at this time.

Cheers,
Joshua

4 Likes

Looking forward to the code drop! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi guys,
I have a somewhat pressing question. I would like to contribute because I respect Moxie a lot and something tells me that this won’t be just another crypto currency for the sake of accumulation and diversification. I wonder what currency model and philosophy the coin follows, especially how users are discouraged not to hoard coins. There are many alternative models after all

Maybe this should be discussed in a separate thread though.

Cheers, Andrej.

Hi Andrej!

We love working with Moxie and we definitely think this isn’t just another cryptocurrency. We designed the technology so people could use it every day.

In terms of economic or currency models, I would say that we don’t know how people will use this yet. In the early days of Facebook, Mark was fond of telling everyone that when you make a powerful new tool you don’t actually know all of the ways people will use it. I think that a fast, privacy-respecting currency is so radically different than what we have today that it’s impossible for me to try to predict how it will play out.

I know one thing for sure though: it’s going to be interesting.

Cheers,
Joshua

2 Likes

Hi,
I signed up with my email account the first day for testing , but i have not received a confirmation email yet. I also checked my spam as per usual.
Cheers.

2 Likes

Things are just getting started. I signed up too (minutes after the tweet went out).

1 Like

Hi!

The code isn’t out yet. You’ll receive an email when the code drops.

Cheers,
Joshua

2 Likes

I have filled in the form. Will I receive the test email?

Hi Josh,
Looking forward how MobileCoin, with a fast, privacy-respecting currency is
changing the way of payments in the future (Cryptocurrency designed for everyone !).
Let’s see how the TESTNET is working and I’m sure you are having already ideas and projects in mind how to implement this technology in the mass-market (Signal, Whats App etc.). Moreover I’m very interested in how you are avoiding a market introduction like “Libra”.
Cheers
Erich

Hi tony!

As soon as the code drops, you’ll get notified!

Cheers,
Joshua

Hi MUCOS1!,

We are super supportive of the Libra project.

Regarding introductions to the world, we just want to release great technology and let our users decide what it should become. We can’t predict how people will use our tools, we can only make the best tools we can.

Humanity is ingenuity, we just want to provide a better way for people to safely and securely use digital payments.

Cheers,
Joshua

1 Like

Hi Josh
Could you brief us some interesting features of mobilecoin network?

How do you introduce mobilecoin to the ordinary people?

any timeline ETA on testnet and mainnet? how to distribute the tokens?

Ty

1 Like

Hi Trans,

MobileCoin is fast, easy to use, and privacy-respecting.

I think the easiest way will be to just send them some MobileCoin.

We will release the code as soon as we can. We have no token distribution plans to announce at this time.

Stay tuned.

Cheers,
Joshua

1 Like

That’s fabulous. Waiting to receice some Mobilecoins.

2 Likes

Code released, open source is anyone can start the main network?