MobileCoin's Code is now Open-Source

MobileCoin’s code is now open-source:

4 Likes

Does anybody know the hardware requirements for running a consensus validator?

Wish the main readme had a line that said “Want to try the testnet, start here:” with a link to the python client quick setup directions. I assumed the first step was to go to the mobilecoind crate readme (because the main readme said I needed it to run alongside the wallet) and initially missed the ready-made testnet setup scripts in the python client folder

WOW~~~!
There are 3 or 4 mobilecoin team members
Can’t wait to see the tutorial of mobilecoin testnet.

@Odin

I’m happy you found the quick start! We have not yet announced TestNet, but your feedback is really helpful for when we do, and we’ll make sure there’s a Quick Start TestNet guide when the TestNet is ready and available.

If you haven’t already, sign up at the link below and we’ll send you some TestNet coins for helping us test TestNet.

@boscro

The hardware requirements for running a consensus validator are detailed in the consensus build instructions.

Some additional info, if you are running with SGX, is that you will need to make sure that the SGX is configured properly. For example, hyperthreading needs to be disabled in the BIOS, and you need to have the latest version of the microcode. If you run into any issues, please reach out. I’ll create a build-specific topic for the forums.

1 Like

Please note: Sara is referring to TestNet coins. We are not sending any mainnet coins for participation in TestNet at this time.

Cheers,
Joshua