[Solved] Riddle me this…

Riddle me this…

In some far off country there is a very, VERY strange coin exchange in which every trader is either a buyer or a seller, but no trader is both. The amazingly curious thing about this coin exchange is that every PrivacyCoin seller always tells the truth and every PrivacyCoin buyer always lies, whereas SafeCoin traders are the opposite–the sellers lie and the buyers tell the truth.

a. Riddle 1: You come across two members on the exchange, a PrivacyCoin (PC) trader and a SafeCoin (SC) trader, who make the following statements:

PC: We are both sellers.
SC: That is true.

Is the PC trader a seller or a buyer? And what about the SC trader?

b. Riddle 2: Later you meet another PC trader and another SC trader. They message you saying:

PC: We are both either sellers or buyers.
SC: My friend here is a seller.

What sort of trader is each of the two?

c. Riddle 3: You come across a PC trader with a cool looking avatar. You message the seller and ask if they made the avatar themselves. They reply, “I am a seller and my avatar is not homemade.”

Did they make the avatar themselves or not?

Can you be the first to solve three riddles? Post your answer here and note which riddle you’re answering in your reply. Satoshi would be proud!

3 Likes

Riddle 1
PC trader is a buyer
SC trader is a seller

Riddle 2
PC trader is a buyer
SC trader is a seller

Riddle 3
They did not make the avatar

1 Like

R1: PC Buyer, SC Seller

R2: PC Seller, SC Buyer

R3: The trader didn’t make it

Riddle 1. PC trader is a buyer, SC trader is a seller
Riddle 2. PC trader is buyer, SC trader is seller
Riddle 3. The PC seller made it himself ( As we are PC buyer and we are lying)

1 Like

@hyperreality is the first to correctly answer riddle 1 and 2. Congrats! For each riddle you win 4,000 MOB.

@hyperreality Please send me a payment request to collect your reward.

@Nakamoto is the first to correctly answer riddle 3. Congrats! You will receive 4,000 MOB for being the first to correctly answer.

Please send me a payment request to collect your reward.

1 Like

I am new here… It might take me some time to understand how to send a payment request

Have you downloaded the testnet client yet or requested a testnet key? If not, just follow the instructions here: https://github.com/mobilecoinofficial/mobilecoin/blob/master/TESTNET.md

I would check the medium post, and provide a unique passkey in the terminal.

Then, I would take the ‘request code’ that is provided for my unique passkey.

And find a way to present this request code to Mr. crafty codes over there

:face_with_monocle:

1 Like

I believe that should also work and is a bit simpler and saves and extra step of re-sending it to the terminal request code once you get it in your wallet.

I have requested the testnet key. But i have windows, not linux or mac. So don’t know how to download the testnet client

Just do what @hirschi suggested. Much simpler path.

Little late but that was fun.

a.)

PC: We are both sellers. (lie, buyer)
SC: That is true. (lie, seller)

b.)

PC: We are both either sellers or buyers. (true, seller)
SC: My friend here is a seller. (true, buyer)

c.)

PC can’t be a seller and have a non-custom avatar because that would mean they bought it, and they can’t be both so they are lying, the avatar is custom and they are a buyer.

1 Like

Here’s my request code-
2GykfRfn677zv9QPufGQCUD2Qq9AP3WXPB618QQ1bG2WG9mBCNW2TgWuPw5FGLyTXi2Vzrzfm1xrApQCo3P1TtEN4eUXfbpVCNafg5WsqdS33V

Sent. Should appear in your account now

1 Like

Received it. Thank you