Use Cases for MobileCoin

I stumbled upon this article on slashdot and found this to be a really great use case for MOB over most other cryptocurrencies:

Wikimedia have valid points that just don’t really apply to MOB.

Banking the unbanked is another theme that’s been around for a decade or so, but nobody has been able to really help anyone but themselves. I’m hoping MobileCoin will be able to make a difference.

Thanks for sharing this, SEASTGT! Indeed, any objections over environmental impacts are almost entirely negated when it comes to MobileCoin (and other blockchains that don’t use Proof of Work). If BitPay integrates MobileCoin, or the Wikimedia Foundation accepted MOB natively or even via Signal, that would also help retain anonymity for smaller transactions. I imagine the Foundation has to have some documentation for any donation over a certain amount.

What do you think next steps should be? MobileCoin already advertises itself as a carbon negative blockchain thanks to the carbon offsets purchased.

What do you think next steps should be? MobileCoin already advertises itself as a carbon negative blockchain thanks to the carbon offsets purchased.

Well, public crypto-discussions revolve around BTC, ETH, price fluctuations and mining. MobileCoin is some friggin’ great tech as it is and it’s gonna be even better in due time. So what is really needed is some great good PR and Marketing that cryptomoney and environmental responsibility can go together. Because I’m a bit unhappy about how things are going and what’s being published, I created this thread a few hours ago:

And when it comes to the Wikimedia Foundation: Funding is one thing (as a European I’m okay with fiat donations), but something like MOB would be just perfect to support translation efforts in high risk areas and / or developing countries. Also check out Ideas Beyond Borders, who are already exploring to pay free translators through Signal + MobileCoin.