Who should we talk to about accepting MobileCoin for products and services?

In the future, you’ll be able to use MobileCoin for paying for all kinds of things. Who are some of the first merchants MobileCoin should be talking with about accepting our cryptocurrency?

Cheers,
Joshua

1 Like

How could ppl participating without awaring mobilecoin existence.It seems that mobilecoin project didn’t got much attention in the reality. team built in silence for two years. need much much more promping to make as much as possible.

Without understanding your whole distribution (marketing)-concept of MobileCoin it is very strange to discuss such issues.
When and how is MobileCoin available?

I think most probably VPS, cloud service providers where currently bitcoins already accepted. If you can get Amazon to provide option for mobile coin it can be awesome.

Do you have examples of VPS that take Bitcoin?

Cheers,
Joshua

MobileCoin will be available when the foundation certifies a production release of the software, and the nodes begin running that software.

Cheers,
Joshua

1 Like

This sounds to me that we will have to wait another 6-12 months until MobileCoins are available.
Looking forward to see and understand the WHOLE picture !

https://www.vultr.com/resources/faq/?cf_chl_jschl_tk=cdd9e8398853c983e94a2b99c3bb4176d497aaf9-1603117408-0-AT3jKfTjWYjw1HeUgZ7_Lz5O5KvrvNpCzm_Khw6SYxBCHqMnrS72ZkMEORdMsb8XHzUjNx-diIYShxw7owmSeQbQXJ5xeOQ9KqEO_Rk57bI3e7XUQs8XgNbLG0BqfVuClfMxzhqWz-tau1bAS82crfBuzbV7Maxy-L8vOcvOGYYbY5Tw1nf0T10hmFW0RT5fFBcKADlgK0sp5aR3KY4OrYXMODlz7m1SUC1ePdtfXzoZAloyg1vmAipdl7rb8kYLsb9Nbso0Nx9Vl9OaclKSGQJQxNxmbyQrgVuXTVQY2Gooz-a2szVD3GlfRWqCU-25dokPyyoejV18k3zU1DotlL0ctGifyRjye776Jxmoeoc3

The use case I always think of is built-in support within Signal. You could also go on Reddit and find communities that trade goods, e.g. mushroom spores, and encourage them to adopt.

2 Likes

Paypal will accept Bitcoins in the USA, beginning January 2021. Paypal customers can deal and STORE cryptocurrencies on their platform. Could be of interest for Mobilecoin as well?

1 Like

Also when we will see for Signal Messenger

We’re huge signal fans.

When we announce partnerships, we want to do so at the moment the integration is usable.

I have no news to report here, but I can say I’m excited for the future.

Cheers,
Joshua

4 Likes

For Eg. Currently signal has donate button which goes through donorbox so it would be nice to see MobileCoin as an option to donate :slight_smile: fingers crossed for future :grinning:

what got me into cryptocurrencies ~ 7 years ago was that my favorite pub offered paying in Bitcoins. They may still have today’s equivalent of 1 car in Bitcoin from me :slight_smile:

But anyway - the closer to real world application the more people can probably be encouraged to use it.

Would love to see support for Etsy and Shopify stores. Obviously Stripe payment support would be great.

2 Likes

I think consumer to consumer payments are hugely important. So I would suggest to talk to your friends and peers.