WSL Ubuntu Win 11 Oflline Mode only

Hi,
as I am brand new to Mobile Coin (created an account yesterday) I still have been able to start the wallet client on MacOs and already had some coins bought. But setting up a different Wallet on Windows 11 with Ubuntu WSL works so far that I can start it. I am also able to create an account in offline mode. But I am not able to use the online mode. It looks like this is related to the full-service that downloads the ledger db as the data.mdb is not updating. Where do I find the relevant process for full-service and how may it be checked to work?
Regards
Max

Addendum:
I found the relevant dirs and executables.
After purging the app and deleting the .config/Mobile…-dir I reinstalled everything and started from scratch. I started the client and the only log in /tmp/ was the wallet log. After entering a password and accepting the terms of use I leave the start in offline mode unchecked and pressed the create account button. Then the full-service is started with the correct ledger and wallet dirs, two peers, node1 and node2 of subdomain prod.mobilecoinww.com. Looking into the log file of full service I found out that both nodes are not dns resolved:
2022-01-09 09:48:35.736438 UTC ERRO Failed getting last block from mc://node2.prod.mobilecoinww.com:443/: Operation { error: Attestation(Grpc(RpcFailure(RpcStatus { code: 14-UNAVAILABLE, message: “DNS resolution failed for service: node2.prod.mobilecoinww.com:443”, details: [] }))), total_delay: 7.15s, tries: 11 }, mc.app: full-service, mc.module: mc_ledger_sync::network_state::polling_network_state, mc.src: mobilecoin/ledger/sync/src/network_state/polling_network_state.rs:100
But running dig shows the entry:
; <<>> DiG 9.16.1-Ubuntu <<>> node2.prod.mobilecoinww.com
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 31678
;; flags: qr rd ad; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 15, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0
;; WARNING: recursion requested but not available

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;node2.prod.mobilecoinww.com. IN A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
node2.prod.mobilecoinww.com. 0 IN A 51.137.116.96
What may be the reason?

I don’t know why the DNS resolution would fail when dig gives a correct answer. Before I saw your addendum I suspected another cause related to running an older Ubuntu version.

On Ubuntu 18.04 full service exits leaving these log messages:

./full-service: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.29' not found (required by ./full-service)
./full-service: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.28' not found (required by ./full-service)

Since you already got full service to run, this will not be your issue. I’m leaving it here in case it is relevant for passers by.

Could you paste the results of “host node2.prod.mobilecoinww.com”?

If that’s failing, it’s likely that WSL is misconfiguring host lookups for ubuntu when it’s starting up. Stack Overflow is suggesting Fix DNS resolution in WSL2 · GitHub contains the solution (unfortunately I don’t use WSL so I can’t test it myself).

This is the result:

host node2.prod.mobilecoinww.com
node2.prod.mobilecoinww.com has address 51.137.116.96
a.root-servers.net has address 198.41.0.4
b.root-servers.net has address 199.9.14.201
c.root-servers.net has address 192.33.4.12
d.root-servers.net has address 199.7.91.13
e.root-servers.net has address 192.203.230.10
f.root-servers.net has address 192.5.5.241
g.root-servers.net has address 192.112.36.4
h.root-servers.net has address 198.97.190.53
i.root-servers.net has address 192.36.148.17
j.root-servers.net has address 192.58.128.30
k.root-servers.net has address 193.0.14.129
l.root-servers.net has address 199.7.83.42
m.root-servers.net has address 202.12.27.33
a.root-servers.net has IPv6 address 2001:503:ba3e::2:30

I recognized that the hostname is resolved now. I cannot explain why, but when trying to start the wallet now it gives me:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
AUTOUPDATER ENABLED
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ledgerFullServiceDbPath /.config/MobileCoin Wallet/full-service/ledger-db
fullServiceDbPath /.config/MobileCoin Wallet/full-service/wallet-db
APPIMAGE env is not defined, current application is not an AppImage
“>>>>>>>>>>>>>” INFO 2022-01-13T10:49:47.990Z INITIALIZING LOGGER
11:49:48.005 › APPIMAGE env is not defined, current application is not an AppImage
libva error: vaGetDriverNameByIndex() failed with unknown libva error, driver_name = (null)